Not only are these tasty treats a hit as a entertaining appetizers for all social gatherings, they really make great anytime snack! Please feel free to tweak the ingredients to taste, and enjoy!
Decadent Savory Dill Deviled Eggs
Author: Serenity Edward
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- ½ cup mayonnaise (more to desired creamy consistency)
- ½ cup minced scallions (or red onions for a sharper flavor)
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard spice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- ½ tablespoon dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preparing the eggs:
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water.
- Place eggs immediately in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Peel the shells from the eggs.
- Rinse and dry the eggs.
- Preparing the deviled egg mixture:
- Remove the egg yolks to a small bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, ground mustard spice, garlic, onion powder,paprika, dill, salt and pepper and mix well until the mixture reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture (piping recommended!)
- Garnish the tops with a small sprinkle of dill (or paprika, if preferred)
- Serve chilled or store covered in refrigerator for up to one day before serving.